Dog lovers are always looking for the best soy-free dog food to help their pup live a healthy life. Many people think that dogs need meat, but they can get all their protein from plant-based sources.
Dogs have been domesticated and haven’t evolved to be strict carnivores like wild cats or wolves. Plant-based proteins are better for your pup’s digestion, teeth, skin, coat, and more!
Dogs might be man’s best friend, but some are concerned about using soy. Dogs can develop food sensitivities and even have negative reactions when consuming foods with certain additives like this one!
What should you do if your pup has an allergy or sensitivity? The good news is that many dog owners make sure their pets don’t eat any ingredient they’re unsure about by checking labels carefully before giving the okay for feeding time–and now we’ll help them out with what brands offer safe alternatives so these allergies won’t hold back progress in getting healthy again.
So here are some soy-free dog foods you might want to try out with your furry friend:
11 Best Soy Free Dog Foods
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe
- Ollie Fresh Pet Food
- American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Limited Ingredient Lamb Meal
- Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Puppy Chicken
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe
- Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Dog Food
- VICTOR Classic Hi-Pro Plus Formula
- Merrick Grain Free Wet Puppy Food
- Gentle Giants Canine Nutrition Chicken Dry Dog Food
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula
Blue Buffalo Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is designed to satisfy the spirit of your dog’s inner wolf. This high-protein, grain-free recipe helps build and maintain lean muscle ma with real chicken as the main ingredient.
It also contains antioxidant-rich Vitamins, minerals, and several other components, plus complex carbohydrates from fruits and veggies to provide your adult dog with the energy he needs.
At Blue Buffalo, they know that there is a lot of confusion about chicken food and how it should be prepared for pets. That’s why they offer the only healthy protein option available with 100% animal protein free from chicken by-products to help make feeding your pet an easier decision.
With 30% protein and sweet potatoes and peas to energize their wild lifestyle, you can trust this balanced whole grains formula will keep your furry friend happy as they explore the world around them!
Playtime just got that much more exciting with LifeSource Bits -a right blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and healthy oxidative balance. He’ll howl with delight after every bite!
- Help build and maintain lean muscle
- Fuel your pet’s active lifestyle by providing healthy carbs
- Support a lustrous coat with Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acid
- LifeSource Bits provide antioxidants, vitamins, minerals to support immune system health
Ollie is a company that makes dog food with the same care and careful consideration as they would make for themselves. They only use ingredients from small farms, high-quality sources, and minimalistic recipes to ensure your pup excels at everything they do.
Products are delivered fresh, using state-of-the-art sealed containers, so you won’t have spoilage or waste from forgetting to store immediately. Their most popular flavor is Hearty Beef Eats pate & dry mix that contains the beef heart, liver, kidney meat, and sweet potato and butternut squash for healthy goodness!
- Made for dogs of any breed or life stage
- Simple ingredients with no additives to be mindful of allergies
- Easy to order, perfect portions size, and easy to follow recipes
We all know life with a dog is full of adventure, so American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is here to help your pup have the energy they need.
It starts with nutritious ingredients like real deboned salmon, which give your pup a protein source that builds lean muscles and provides essential amino acids in line with their needs. With exciting flavors from delicious sweet potatoes and chickpeas for the right amount of prolonged energy.
To supplement that nutritional profile, they include wholesome fruits and vegetables, including carrots, dried kelp, and blueberries, each providing extra benefits too – all working together to make this food one part flavor, one part healthy mealtime companion!
You’ll love sharing this meal with your pup because it helps their skin and fur be the best they can be. Plus, it’s grain-free and corn, wheat, and soy-free, so if their belly is sensitive to other foods (who isn’t these days?), then you know this will make them feel better.
With all of those omega fatty acids like DHA to support healthy development for the brain and eyes, plus salmon oil for a good coat – they are happy to share a protein-rich recipe that’s as flavorsome as it is nutritious!
- Grain-free and free of corn, wheat, and soy
- Nutritious fruits and vegetables
- High in protein for lean muscle mass
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Limited Ingredient Lamb Meal has six ingredients. It includes many added vitamins and nutrients, typical for dog food. However, the first ingredient is lamb meal, an exceptionally high-quality type of meat that has been cooked down to remove moisture content.
This means it contains more protein and nutrients than whole raw lamb does because there’s no extra nourishment from meaty juices. Whole yet highly nutritious ingredients make this quality food perfect for your pup!
This food is free from fillers, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. This makes it better for your pets and eliminates other ingredients your pet may have an adverse reaction to.
And they know that natural is best; that’s why they’ve used some of the world’s best ingredients and made this product in America to be sure it contains only high-quality ingredients.
- Grain-free, gluten-free recipe
- Added vitamins for a healthier alternative
- 100% free from fillers and artificial ingredients to create a clean meal
- High in protein without compromising on taste
Nutro Wholesome Essentials Puppy Dog Food is designed to provide your little pup with what they need to grow up strong and healthy. The ingredients in this best dog food are all-natural, and none of the core ingredients include wheat, corn, or soy. For example, suppose you have a puppy that needs extra help with its joints.
In that case, thanks to larger than average weight and muscles, the glucosamine and chondroitin found in this formula should prove helpful for allowing them the freedom needed while still providing crucially important support for growing bones and hips.
Nutro Wholesome Essentials Puppy Dog Food is a delicious blend of chicken and other enriching ingredients that supports healthy development and nutrition.
Not only does this dog food offer balanced nutrition for your pup’s developing body, but it also contains no artificial flavors or preservatives that might cause an allergic reaction like with some competitors’ high-quality canned foods.
Nutro takes the time to craft a fresh canister, using only non-GMO ingredients, free from artificial flavors and colors.
- A wholesome chicken meal, nutritious formula that is specially made for your dog
- Contains no corn, wheat, or soy––none of the common allergens
- It contains omega-3 fatty acids like DHA to support brain and eye development in your pup
- Promotes strong bones and joints with calcium while supporting a healthy immune system
Did you know that wolves established a diet four centuries ago by catching everything they ate? Diets derived completely from the wild made them lean, sharp, and alert. The Blue Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe was created to feed that same spirit of adventure in today’s dogs with real meat, vegetables, and fruits.
Every bite is packed with protein, veggies, and fruits because it’s grain-free kibble without additives harmful to your friend’s health.
Your dog deserves a healthy diet. That’s why they created Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe with a grain-free recipe packed with antioxidants, complex carbohydrates for energy, L-Carnitine to help metabolize fat into fuel that the body can use easily, glucosamine for joint support and mobility, peas and sweet potatoes as sources of those two essential nutrients – protein and carbohydrates.
And it doesn’t stop there! This naturally prepared food is free from chicken meat or poultry by-products, so you can rest easy knowing your furry friend is getting all they need – without any artificial flavors or preservatives – in every bite.
- Nutritionally complete and balanced for a healthy lifestyle
- Made with high-quality ingredients to give your dog energy and stamina
- Ensures your pup is getting the right amount of protein, carbohydrates, certain fats, minerals/vitamins, and all-natural ingredients while avoiding chicken meat and poultry by-products.
With age being on our side, we can nurture our bodies more often and live a healthier lifestyle. Dogs are no different! Nutro Ultra Holistic Superfood Blend uses Lean Protein sources from high-quality natural and holistic ingredients to help your dog feel his best.
The discovery of antioxidants in fruits and vegetables was the beginning of a healthy common-sense idea: That science can be used to protect both animals and humans against dangerous bugs living in food or water supplies. Then, add whole grains, which offer an abundance of vitamins, minerals, fiber, plus healthy oils for energy, to create the perfect complete diet mix that helps keep your senior pup feeling their best!
Nutro Ultra Holistic Superfood Blend was made with the most responsibly sourced animal proteins, real whole grains, and special ingredients for healthy digestion, guaranteed to keep your best friend strong and lean.
It’s a proven fact that their nutrient needs change as dog’s age. With unique tri-source protein from farm-raised chicken, pasture-fed lamb, and salmon along with premium whole grains in this dog’s food that release slowly into the system to promote digestive health, this specially designed formula is an innovative blend guaranteed to maintain a strong body frame, support joint integrity, and produce a lustrous coat!
- Provides three different animal proteins to promote muscle growth
- It helps maintain healthy skin and promotes a lustrous coat
- It contains whole grains for proper nutrient absorption, along with the right amount of carbohydrates, fats, and protein
VICTOR Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food is one of the best dry dog foods available. It’s high-quality, with a pretty good amount of protein made from beef, chicken, and pork sources. If you have the money for this very high price per canister of food, this is an excellent choice for your canine companion.
With this unique, high-quality dry dog food that gives your pet all of the nutrients they need and want, you’ll be able to make sure your pup is living its best life. This dog bowl is fortified with essential fatty acids and amino acids for a healthier lifestyle.
It also includes plenty of protein sources like fish; they know how important it is for an active canine to stay lean and healthy. In addition, these best dog foods will keep up with their changing needs from the first playful puppy day through old age!
- Meat-eaters will love the high-quality protein in this dog food
- Packed with necessary nutrients for everyday living
- Made in the USA ingredients. No additives, fillers, or artificial preservatives to prevent food allergies
- The protein sources are top-notch and digestible. Perfect for sporty breeds!
Help your pup grow up to be a big-time Merrick customer with their latest product made in the USA – Grain Free Puppy Plate Beef Recipe. This wholesome dish is made from real Texas beef and dishes out a variety of yummy flavors that any puppy will love!
This high-quality dog food is made with carrots, apples, and sweet potatoes, it’s sure to please those taste buds for its full mom-approved feeding time recipe. In addition, it comes complete with helpful features like DHA, which helps support cognitive development and vitamins and minerals for balance and nutrition.
Merrick is premium dog food that comes in single-serve cans. This means they’re easier to feed and a lot cleaner for you–plus, unlike a meaty bone, it won’t upset your puppy’s stomach if he eats the whole thing! Instead, keep your fur baby happy with Merrick nourishing formula nutritional home-cooked dishes made from ingredients sourced from 100% natural American farms.
- A balanced diet for your growing pup
- Crafted with essential vitamins and minerals to be a full meal
- Features DHA, the omega-3 fatty acid that supports brain development
- It makes an easy, hearty stew you can enjoy at any time of year
Gentle Giants Canine Nutrition Dry Dog Food has been around for years and is one of the most popular dog foods. This brand offers excellent nutrition even for your older pup that needs a little help with mobility, as it contains glucosamine and chondroitin. It’s made with premium ingredients like New Zealand green mussels and eight fruits and vegetables.
Gentle Giants also feature plenty of protein, which we all know is essential for dogs! With Gentle Giants dry food, you will feed your best friend and feed them using high-quality ingredients.
These grain-free dog foods are the best choice for your adult dogs because though it contains meager amounts of protein and fat, they are high quality. Give it a try!
- Natural alternative to traditional dog food that is not genetically modified
- Digestive health with prebiotics and probiotics
- Whole fruits and vegetables such as beets, blueberries, cranberries, and apples add flavor while giving your pup healthy nutrients.
- A complete formula for the lifestyle of your furry friend
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula combines different high-quality ingredients that will keep your dog healthy. The fresh chicken in the first ingredient list is rib meat, not just white meat – it has all the benefits of an excellent protein source. This food has calcium for strong bones and phosphorus for a healthy nervous system! This dry kibble is made in a dedicated Blue Buffalo facility, so you can be guaranteed this food won’t affect your pet’s health like cheaper options might.
The Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula is a great option for dogs looking for affordable food with increased soothing effects to keep their joints mobile. It’s low in protein, which can be perfect if your pup needs extra weight management! We also liked its added antioxidants to boost your puppy’s immune health.
- Essential, high-quality protein
- Supplies calcium and phosphorus for strong bones and teeth
- Glucosamine is added for joint health and mobility support.
- Dietary supplements contribute to your pup’s immune system health.
- It contains no corn, wheat, or soy proteins that many dogs are allergic to
Adverse Effects Of Soy In Dog Food
Though soy is safe for humans to consume, it’s not the best option when feeding our pets. Dogs are carnivores, and their intestines were never designed to handle all of those plant-based nutrients in foods like soymilk or edamame beans which can lead them down an unhappy path with digestion issues and nutritional deficiencies that need supplementation if you want your pup healthy!
Not only will giving dogs vegetarian food cause digestive problems from high levels of insufficient nutrients, but it also neglects its natural prey instincts. Soy is one of the most heavily genetically modified foods. It often contains pesticides, which can damage your best friend’s digestive system and make them sick with inflammation over time.
If your dog is allergic to soy, he might experience upset stomachs and recurrent skin problems. In some cases, there have been incidences of them feeling severe itching around their face or paws which can lead to open wounds becoming infected by scratching the irritated area, causing more pain for both you and him because we want our pets happy!
There are many reasons why you may want to avoid soy in your dog’s diet, including the potential for hormonal imbalance. The most obvious reason is that phytoestrogens in soy promote estrogenic activity, which can affect reproductive systems in dogs!
Soy also has the potential to lower food quality. This is because it’s used in meat and vegetables, which results in a low-quality product with less protein, amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
Reasons Why Grain Free Is Better?
- Dogs with sensitive stomachs may also benefit from a grain-free diet. The lack of hard kernels in this type of food will allow them to have a better digestion process, reducing bowel problems and resulting in appetite suppression for your pet.
- As a result of fewer carbohydrates, the weight can be more easily controlled. Additionally, grain-free diets will keep your pet feeling fuller for longer and lead them into an active animal life with happier thoughts in their head all day long!
- Soy is absent, leading to a more nutritious diet. It’s also rich in vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, which will help strengthen the immune system of your pal!
The benefits of a grain-free feeding regime can be seen in your dog’s improved mood and health. Of course, not every diet will work for every pet, so don’t expect the change to solve all problems. But we know that by omitting soy from their diets, they’ll have more energy and enjoy life more than ever before!